Leaf Type: Green
Where to Buy: Chado Tea House
Gold prize awarded three consecutive years by prestigious Monde Selection of Brussels, Belgium. Japanese Sencha at its finest. Uses only those tea leaves produced by master tea makers. The highly skilled artisans steamed the leaves with exceptional care and then roll them to perfection. This deeply steamed Fukamushi Sencha tea has delightful Shincha like tastes and fragrant aromas that make them highly sought after by tea connoisseurs. Rich full bodied tea.
Learn more about this tea here.
This Chasi-Meijin Imperial Gold from Chado Tea House is unlike any other Sencha Tea that I’ve tried … no wonder it has been awarded the Grand Gold Prize. I agree with the description, this tastes a bit more like a Shin-cha … like maybe somewhere between a fresh Shin-cha and a Gyokuro.
Oh, sure, it has some of the characteristics you’d expect from a Sencha, including a sweet, vegetative taste with a hint of bitterness. But this is so much smoother than other Japanese Sencha teas that I’ve tried. And sweeter too. Less of a bitter note. The vegetative note is a cross between kelp, sweet grass, and mild, lightly steamed spinach. There is a buttery note to this, but it isn’t really a creamy buttery texture so much as it is just a hint of the sweet, creamy note that butter would impart if it were melted over a serving of the aforementioned steamed spinach.
The body is very smooth and lush, not so much a creamy body, and it isn’t heavy like that … I am finding this to be a little lighter than a “full-bodied” tea as described above, but then again, I steeped this tea for just 1.5 minutes in 170°F water, and the infusion was so pale that it almost looked like water that had just been barely tinged with a hint of chartreuse. But that was all that was required to create a very delicious cup of tea. It is a pleasantly smooth, easy to drink tea.
Chado Tea House is a company I’d highly recommend for the very best teas that Japan has to offer. The quality of teas offered by Chado is outstanding, and this Award-Winning Sencha is just another example of what I’m talking about!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK WITH US NEXT WEEK THOUGH, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER GIVEAWAY SOON!
So far, we’ve had a phenomenal response to our Season of Giveaways! It looks like this season will extend well in to February … so there are going to be LOTS of chances to win!
But … I’ve got to be real here, THIS prize is one that I covet. I want this prize. If there was a way for me to declare myself the winner, I’d do it! But, alas, I can’t. What I’m driving at, though, is that this is one of the very best prizes yet! You’re not going to believe it … I still can’t believe it!
Verdant Tea is offering a full THREE MONTH membership to their Tea of the Month Club! Yeah, you read that right. Three months of tea from Verdant Tea! This is a $75. value! JACKPOT!
Verdant Tea is easily one of my favorite tea companies because – quite simply – they offer some really amazing, high-quality teas that are hard to find … some teas that I’ve not been able to find anywhere else! Their Laoshan Black tea is amazing, they offer some incredible Apothecary blends like their Xingyang Silk Road Spice, and of course some amazing Pu-Erh (when it comes to Pu-erh teas, I think that Verdant Tea is my #1 choice) like their Yanxin’s Reserve ’04 Shu Nuggets.
So imagine how amazing it would be to receive a box from them EVERY month for THREE months! Unbelievable, right?
- First, visit Verdant Teas. Take a look around. While you’re there, get an idea of what teas interest you the most.
- Comment on this blog post. While you can earn additional entries, without the comment on this blog post, no entries will be eligible. Be sure to include in your comment a way for us to contact you (let me know if I can contact you on Steepster or on Tea Trade, for example, or provide your email contact information), I mean, in case you win, I need to be able to let you know that you’re the winner, right? In your comment, mention which tea you’d like to be part of one of the boxes that you receive from Verdant Tea. Now, I can’t guarantee that this tea WILL be in one of the three boxes, but, we’d like to know which teas from Verdant EXCITE you the most.
- Want to earn additional entries? OK! First, tweet about this contest. Your tweet should include a link to this contest, and you should also include @SororiTeaSister on your tweet so that we can see the tweet easily. Please also come back to this blog post and let us know that you’ve tweeted the contest, and include a link to the tweet.
- Another Entry? Sure! Go on facebook and mention this contest on your page. Again, be sure to include a link to this contest in your facebook mention, and after you’re done, come back to this blog post, and comment that you’ve mentioned it on facebook and provide a link to your facebook page so that we can verify it. (and yes, we do verify each and every one of these!)
Since this is our largest prize yet, I thought I’d throw in a couple of extra bonus entry opportunities:
- Bonus Entry #1: You can earn a bonus entry by liking Verdant Tea on Facebook.
- Bonus Entry #2: You can earn an additional bonus entry by following Verdant Tea on Twitter!
- Bonus Entry #3: You can earn an additional bonus entry by following our blog! To follow our blog, simply click on the little button that you see on the bottom right of the screen, and add your email address! It’s that simple!
OK, so, there are a few things you need to know. It was pointed out to us in the last giveaway that we neglected to mention who was eligible to enter this contest. This contest is open to all US and Canadian residents, except for those of us who are SororiTea Sisters and those who work for Verdant Tea. All other US and Canadian residents can enter.
You can enter until December 7. A winner will be picked via random.org on December 8, and after the winner has been contacted and verified, we will announce the winner and send the information to Verdant Tea so that the winner can claim the prize.
Best of luck to all entrants!
Congratulations to Raven for winning this giveaway during our Season of Giveaways! We will have another giveaway soon … keep your eyes peeled!