If you know me at all, you know that black teas are my jam! I love them! Adore them and downright devour them! So when my fellow Sister, CuppaGeek told me about this tea that she really enjoyed, I knew this tea was one I had to instantly brew up when the tea arrived at my door.
Fellow tea enthusiasts-let me tell you, THIS TEA IS FABULOUS! And honestly, I will declare this tea the Tea of the Week for me!
Right from the start, you can tell this quality tea is going to be amazing. The tea leaves are described as having a dark umber leaf and that is exactly what you get.
The directions from the sample package we were sent says “One teaspoon per cup plus one for the pot with freshly drawn, boiling water for four minutes”. And that is exactly what I did, give or take a moment or two.
This tea hits all of the points on the description and more. Smooth- Check! Rich- Check! Delicious-Check! Check!
Like CuppaGeek said in her review of this tea, this tea delivers on all points and would one that I would happily drink as an everyday tea to start off my day or as a cuppa after lunch to get myself over that lunch wall I sometimes hit.
All in all -if you are a fan of darjeelings like myself, do yourself a favor and check this tea! You’ll be so happy you did!
Here’s the scoop!
Leaf Type: Black
Where to Buy: Grey’s Tea
- Darjeeling Castleton Second Flush
- From the Castleton garden in the foothills between Darjeeling and Siliguri.
- Established by Dr Charles Graham in 1885.
- In 1996 it was awarded the ISO 9002 certificate of quality.
- This renown new season Darjeeling Castleton Second flush has a dark leaf.
- It is smooth, rich and has a distinct muscatel character and a long finish.