Something VERY exciting is happening THIS WEEK in the World…it’s the Tea Masters Cup. The event is taking place September 25th thru the 30th in China.
Check out the info below. The Tea Masters Cup comprises events in four categories: • Tea Preparation • Tea Pairing • Tea Mixology • Tea Tasting.
A Master competing in this category must demonstrate the skill of tea preparation by brewing and presenting to each member of the judging panel a total of two beverages:
- The Organizers’ Tea, a beverage prepared from a single tea sample chosen from a fixed set of samples, the same for all competitors, revealed by the competition organizers prior to the start of the competition;
- The Master’s Tea, a beverage prepared from any tea chosen by the Master or possibly from the set of tea samples provided by the competition organizers.
A Master competing in this category must demonstrate the skill of tea pairing (a composition consisting of tea and a light snack) by presenting to each member of the judging panel a total of two compositions:
- “The Organizers’ Composition”, consisting of tea and a light snack and possibly including other mandatory components specified by the competition organizers;
- “The Master’s Composition”, consisting of tea and a light snack, prepared by the Master from any ingredients (may include ingredients brought by the Master him- or herself).
A Master competing in this category must demonstrate the skill of preparing multi-ingredient tea-based beverages by preparing and presenting to each member of the judging panel two beverages:
- Organizers’ Mix, beverage prepared using a tea, in accordance with the conditions established by the organizer and using the required components, provided by the Organizer;
- The Master’s Mix, a beverage prepared according to the Master’s own recipe without any restrictions, provided that the beverage and its preparation do not violate these Rules and Regulations or any other rules imposed by the competition organizers.
A Master competing in this category must demonstrate the skill of degustation by identifying tea samples presented for degustation. This competition category includes two subcategories:
- Pure Tea
- Multi-Ingredient Beverage
The Tea Masters website is very comprehensive. I spent a lot of time on it thumbing thru the pages and learning about the different competitions around the world. I’m looking forward to seeing new tea stars being born from this Cup Series and learning more about some of our long time tea buddies!
(information taken from https://teamasterscup.com/en/introduction)
Here’s the scoop!
Where to Learn More: Tea Masters Cup
Learn even more about this tea and tea company here!
Jennifer (TeaEqualsBliss) is in her upper 30s and lives in the eastern snowbelt area of the US with her husband, 3 dogs, and cat (however the number of furkids can change at anytime as she LOVES providing a forever home for many shelter animals. Her several interests include music, movies, veganism, sports, traveling, collecting Baseball Cards and Unicorns, Radio, Computers, Crafting, and of course…TEA.She started drinking tea at the tender age of 3 thanks to her Grandmother and her love for tea has gotten stronger with each year!In addition to being a co-founder/co-creator of Sororitea Sisters - her main site is MyBlissfulJourney.com.Find out more about Jennifer on MyBlissfulJourney.com.
Latest posts by teaequalsbliss (see all)
- TEA NEWS:Joe’s Tea Company. . . . - October 1, 2017
- Edith Wharton’s Black Tea Blend from Simpson and Vail. . . . - September 28, 2017
- TEA NEWS: Tea Masters Cup . . . . - September 26, 2017