I first had this at a child’s birthday party and totally wasn’t paying attention. I was like “I’m gonna TAKE NOTES in my SKETCHBOOK and write an ELOQUENT POST UPON MY RETURN.” But then I got sucked into pizza! cake! balloons! reading children’s books aloud! putting outfits on toys! The only thing I vaguely remembered was the thought that I wanted MORE HONEY from the tea.
So this time I made it again, carefully, at home, with zero distractions* and a tiny half-spoonful of honey.
*Except for my dog trying to jump on the couch and falling off. I laughed.
This is a really tasty sweet mix. There’s the honey in the tea, plus the honey I added, plus this roasty, mellow, underlying mate.
A good mate is like hardwood floors. They’re a classy base for whatever you’re putting on top. Are you going to get some classic furniture? Some showy furniture? Everything looks good on hardwood floors.
If I were to continue this metaphor (and there’s nothing I love more), the honey in this tea is the big puffy couch with lots of pillows that rests on that floor. It’s straight-up hygge.*
* That’s the Scandanavian word for sitting around drinking tea in a blanket, enjoying the comforts of winter.
So take it easy, Internet. Drink some honey with your honey tea and just devote the afternoon to enjoyment.
Here’s the scoop!
Leaf Type: Mate
Where to Buy: East Indies Coffee & Tea
- honey taste with teddy bear sprinkles and flavoring
Learn even more about this tea and tea company here!
Latest posts by SuperStarling (see all)
- Take A Walk On The Dude Side- King Dragon Oolong fro Wendigo Tea. . . . - June 22, 2017
- Alishan JinXuan Oolong Tea from Fong Mong Tea. . . . . - June 11, 2017
- Natural Cacao Tea from Micacao. . . . . - June 10, 2017