Two things to disclose before we jump into this tea review, friends:
1. I’ve never actually drank this tea hot (WHAT. I know. I promise I can still give you a good review).
2. It doesn’t actually taste like fruity pebbles, as the packaging claims. While my breakfast-cereal-loving heart is a bit dismayed by this, I can get over it for now.
I’ve talked about this before, but I’m not a huge fan of teas that make claims– detoxing, dieting, etc. While I think herbs can be healing and great supplements to living healthfully, I immediately get a little side-eye skeptical when a tea tells me it has magical powers.
But I was willing to look past it as this green tea claimed to be fruity and delightful (who can resist something that claims to be “fruity pebbles-esque”?!) regardless. I haven’t been a huge fan of green tea historically, but I do LOVE it on ice, so that’s how I’ve been drinking this one. Brewed extra-strong overnight and topped with a little fresh lemon juice, it’s light and fresh without being too grassy or overly sweet.
Notes of tropical fruit pop through, with just enough of a vegetal balance to keep it from going into saccharine territory. I may not notice any magical health benefits (or notes of breakfast cereal in this one), but this one is the perfect iced treat to sip in these almost-springlike days. And I’m guessing it’d still be pretty great alongside a bowl of Fred Flintstone’s finest.
Here’s the scoop!
Leaf Type: Green Tea
Where to Buy: Tiesta Tea
You know the feeling of summer sunshine washing over your face? You’ll feel the same sipping on this 2008 World Tea Champion. Floral, fruity scents precede a light, sweet taste of succulent summer fruit. It’s sunshine in a tin…or a pouch!
Learn even more about this tea and tea company here!
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Black Cherry Berry from Celestial Seasonings. . . . . - July 20, 2017
- Earl Grey Le Creme from The NecessiTeas. . . . - July 19, 2017
- D’s Teas from 52 Teas . . . . . Diving into the New Permanent Line of Teas at 52Teas. . . . . - July 19, 2017