Today I thought I’d check out a flavored matcha from Motion Matcha. I love flavored matcha but they are hard to find. There are a few companies that make them and do a pretty good job, but I’m always on the hunt for more. I’ve had flavors like banana, Bavarian Cream, peanut butter, to be honest, the most unique and different flavors can make an incredible cup of matcha. So trying a Strawberry Lemonade Matcha fits right in with my matcha routine.
Motion Matcha is a company that offers different flavors like Pomegranate Berry, Orange Vanilla, and they do offer a non flavored version. This is my first matcha to try from them and I’m not going to lie. I’m quite excited!
I prepared this matcha to the recommendations on the back of the package and sat down to enjoy. This matcha has a darker look and feel than the regular matcha. I wasn’t sure if that was due to the flavorings, but it didn’t detour me from enjoying my cuppa.
My first thought was that there was a definite solid lemon flavor with a strawberry finish. The matcha didn’t seem to mingle as well as I would have liked but that could have been how I prepped the cuppa. The flavors of the strawberry and lemon (lemonade) did deliver a unique twist for sure, but I just can’t say I loved it. I have a feeling that if prepped to be a matcha on ice this would be dynamite. Maybe even with a spot of cream added in to create a smoothness. Or even a scoop of ice cream. Definitely a fun matcha to experiment with for sure!
As it sits now, it seems like I have two different drinks. The vegetal matcha taste and then a strawberry lemonade on the side. But again, it could have been how I prepped it. This is one that I would love to order more of just so I can experiment to get that flavor where I like it.
And just for our readers, Motion Matcha is offering an amazing deal! Use TSISTERS at check out and take advantage of a Buy 2 get 1 free offer. The offer is only good through November 28th so act quickly. I’m hoping to place an order in the next month or so to try more of their flavor matcha and get to experimenting!
Here’s the scoop!
Leaf Type: Matcha
Where to Buy: Matcha Motion (Link to their Store)
- TRY THEM ALL: Don’t know which flavor you are? This is your answer. Contains 1 packet each of Strawberry Lemonade, Pomegranate Berry, Orange Vanilla and Just Matcha
- A SMOOTHER FLAVOR: Matcha can be very “earthy”. Real fruit powder, natural flavor and a touch of sweetness balance this out
- ENJOY MATCHA ANYWHERE: The single-serve packs are small, travel well and can be prepared in a flash
- MORE MATCHA FOR YOU: Two grams of premium Japanese matcha green tea per packet (a bigger serving than the typical 1-1.5 grams of many brands)
Learn even more about this tea and tea company here! (amazon link)
Tea is a passion that quickly turned into an obsession, very similar to my love for polka dots, the horror genre, and anything that is geeky and fun.I drink all kinds of tea and will try a tea twice to make sure I didn't bumble the first infusion.
Besides SororiTea Sisters, I'm also the blogger and genius (I use that word very loosely) behind CuppaGeek, where I review tea, books, and the horror genre.
Latest posts by CuppaGeek (see all)
- 2017 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Tea Sales. . . .#BlackFridayTeaSale #TeaSale - November 22, 2017
- Cucumber Mint Limeade White Tea from 52Teas. . . . - November 13, 2017
- Brigita’s Daylight from Lauku Tea. . . November’s Sips by Box. . - November 12, 2017