Where To Buy: Yogic Chai
– Kukicha Tea: Popular among the macrobiotic community. Kukicha is a powerful antioxidant* and is very low in caffeine, in fact the lowest in caffeine of all traditional teas.
– Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions. (sweat inducing)* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
– Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
– Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
– Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
– Coconut: Coconut, says vaidya Mishra, Director of Maharishi Ayurveda’s Product Research and Development, is considered a divine plant in vedic tradition. Whenever you perform a sacred ceremony like a yagna, havan or puja, a coconut must grace the occasion.
- This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Coconut Kukicha Masala Chai from Yogic Chai REALLY surprised me!
For one…I never would have thought of flavoring kukicha with these chai ingredients but now that it has been done I am glad it was done and I think it’s genius!
The Cardamom and Cinnamon are NOT overly strong at all…they are wonderfully content sitting in the background! As are the Ginger and Clove. The primary flavors are the Kukicha and Coconut which are bold!
As for the aroma it’s a coconut-twig-toasty-nutty-slightly coffee bean-type scent that I have never sniffed before!
This is very creative..a unique blend of flavors and a daring and bold move! And a successful one, I might add!! This exceeded my expectations and was a wondrous surprise!