Where To Buy: Karma Blends
Cold Tea – Spicy Ginger Mint Eucalyptus
For a cold
ONE BOX MAKES 12 TEA BAGS
Contains Natural and Organic Ingredients
Daily Use Recommended
» When can I drink it/What is it for?
– Anytime or For Cold, Cough, Allergies, On a cold day, Iced on a warm day.
» What does the tea taste like?
– The Cold Comfort tea is very flavorful with mint and ginger as the prominent flavors. The tea tastes mildly sweet as it contains stevia, the naturally sweet herb. How do the ingredients work in my system?
• Eucalyptus opens the lungs and encourages breathing by increasing oxygen in the cells. Eucalyptol, found in many over-the-counter remedies, loosens phlegm in the chest and helps to open clogged nasal passages.
• Lemongrass is a refreshing herb that helps to relieve exhaustion, clear headaches and combats stress.
Ginger is used to dispel pathogens via its ability to induce sweating.
• Licorice is the best known natural expectorant and anti-inflammatory herb. Licorice helps to soothe the mucus membranes. It also acts as the bodys natural corticosteroid and decreases generation of damaging molecules called free radicals. Licorice is commonly used in Ayurvedic Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Not recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure.
• Peppermint opens up the respiratory passages.
» Are Accompaniments Recommended?
– The taste can be enhanced with lemon and honey. Honey increases the efficacy of the other herbs.
» Is it safe for children?
– Yes, only in a mild or diluted form. For children, the tea can be made using one tea bag in 14oz of water. However, not more than half a cup should be fed to the child in a day.
I’ve held off on trying and reviewing this herbal tea from Karma Blends because I haven’t been sick…but I can’t hold off any more! I NEEDED to try it!
I thought it would be good to have right now because of the astringent tasting tea I just consumed…I thought the mint and eucalyptus would freshen my breath!
I will say this is very minty and refreshing aroma-wise!
Of course the primary taste is mint/eucalyptus but I am getting a good deal of licorice which I normally find distracting in most cases but not this one! It works well as the 3rd noticeable flavor here!
Then the ginger pops in to say “hello” and again with ginger I am ‘hot and cold’. I want to say I dislike it in teas more than like it BUT, again, it really works well in this herbal blend!
I can taste the Stevia. It’s adds a nice natural-sugary undertone to this that I think helps tone down the ginger.
As it cools at room temperature the lemongrass is a little bit noticeable but it’s one of those ingredients I probably wouldn’t have noticed in a blind taste-test. Same thing with the Mango. I can’t really taste the Mango at all. I think it would be interesting if I could taste more of that. Maybe more of that and a little less licorice would be the ONLY thing I would change about this one. BUT…I am NOT complaining because I am really enjoying this.
If you are afraid of medicinal-type herbal teas…and enjoy mint…give this one a whirl! This one really surprised me! It’s quite good.
I’m having the bagged version of this right now and it is very flavorful for a bagged tea! The box suggested to try with honey and lemon to enhance the flavor. I didn’t do this but I may try that in the future!
I have to say…this is probably on of my FAVORITE Medicinal-Type Herbal Tea/Tisanes I have had to date!
Jennifer (TeaEqualsBliss) is in her upper 30s and lives in the eastern snowbelt area of the US with her husband, 3 dogs, and cat (however the number of furkids can change at anytime as she LOVES providing a forever home for many shelter animals. Her several interests include music, movies, veganism, sports, traveling, collecting Baseball Cards and Unicorns, Radio, Computers, Crafting, and of course…TEA.She started drinking tea at the tender age of 3 thanks to her Grandmother and her love for tea has gotten stronger with each year!In addition to being a co-founder/co-creator of Sororitea Sisters - her main site is MyBlissfulJourney.com.Find out more about Jennifer on MyBlissfulJourney.com.
Latest posts by teaequalsbliss (see all)
- Breakfast Blend from The Tea Can Company - January 19, 2017
- Taiwan Beipu Oolong Tea – Oriental Beauty – Competition Grade from Cameron Tea - January 19, 2017
- Signature Tea from Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co. . . . A Take on Earl Grey - January 19, 2017